Healing the Oceans
Independent Films, Social Responsibility Movies, Politics, Global Warming
New Partnership For the Oceans is Taking Shape with UNESCO as one of Initiators - See thil film report & read below as how to contribute -
The Global Partnership for Oceans is a growing alliance of governments, international organizations, civil society groups, and private sector interests committed to addressing the threats to the health, productivity and resilience of the world’s oceans.
It aims to tackle widely documented problems of overfishing, pollution, and habitat loss. Together these problems are contributing to the depletion of a natural resource bank that provides nutrition, livelihoods and vital ecosystem services.
Through the partnership, participating organizations, governments and companies will coordinate their efforts in areas such as:
Protecting and restoring habitats and species required for maintaining ecosystem services and livelihoods
* Managing risks to ocean health, including from land-based pollution and off-shore extractive industries risks
* Supporting rights-based fisheries management and sustainable aquaculture
* Fostering global advocacy for sustainable and climate-resilient communities and economies
* Sharing knowledge of innovation and solutions
The Partnership's governance structure and priorities will be agreed at an expected meeting of all partners in April, 2012.
Year of Production: 2012
Length: 5 mins.
Country: United Nations
Healing the Oceans by DiplomaticallyIncorrect is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0 License.
- Susan Sacirbey (UNTV_UNESCO)
- Susan Sacirbey (UNESCO-UNTV)