HERITAGE IN TIMES OF UNREST PART 2 BROLL
Independent Films, Documentaries, Politics
BROLL of footage taken from story ‘Heritage in Times of Unrest Part 2’ ID No 18, which was filmed around Libya, in the east near Benghazi, the ancient site of Cyrene, and in the west near Tripoli, the ancient site of Leptis Magna.
A look at how Libya's cultural heritage was affected during the recent conflict, and the steps that went into trying to protect it.
The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) is an intergovernmental military alliance based on the North Atlantic Treaty signed on 4 April 1949. NATO constitutes a system of collective defense in response to an attack by any external party. The NATO headquarters are in Brussels, Belgium.
DISCLAIMER: No material produced by NATO is to be sold, used for outside advertising or promotional purposes of any kind. All content taken from NATO and republished must be clearly credited or sourced to NATO. Photos, videos and articles are released under the legally recognized terms of "Fair Use" to members of the press, academia, non-profits and the general public. No material is to be used in programs, articles or online publications of any kind that defame NATO or its member countries. Material is provided, free of charge, for use in objective and balanced content, even if at times the end products may be critical of NATO. In instances where a member country is criticized, NATO wishes it to be made known that it does not associate itself with the contents of the article, publication or broadcast. NATO reserves the right to request the removal of NATO copyrighted material from any externally created content.
Transcripts / Production notes / Scripts
1. (00:00) VARIOUS PANS, TILTS AND STATIC SHOTS SHOWING AREAS OF THE ANCIENT SITE OF LEPTIS MAGNA.
2. (01:21) VARIOUS OF THE COASTLINE AT LEPTIS MAGNA.
3. (01:32) VARIOUS PANS, TILTS AND STATIC SHOTS SHOWING AREAS OF THE ANCIENT SITE OF LEPTIS MAGNA.
4. (01:56) VARIOUS OF A GROUP OF CHILDREN RUNNING THROUGH THE RUNIS OF A ROMAN THEATRE AT LEPTIS MAGNA.
5. (02:23) MS OF KARL VON HABSBURG WRITING IN HIS NOTE BOOK.
6. (02:29) MS OF JORIS KILA LOOKING ROUND A MUSEUM.
7. (02:43) WIDE SHOWING A MAN USING AN ANGLE GRINDER ON A DOOR WHICH WAS WELDED SHUT.
8. (02:41) WIDE, GROUP OF MEN WALKING INTO THE ENTRANCE OF A WAREHOUSE.
9. (02:47) MS MEN WALING THROUGH THE GROUNDS OF CYRENE.
10. (02:54) WIDE VARIOUS OF A FAMILY WALKING THROUGH THE GROUNDS OF CYRENE.
11. (03:06) MEN TAKING A LARGE POT OUT OF A MUSEUM.
12. (03:14) LS THROUGH TWIGS AT THE GROUP OF MEN TALKING.
13. (03:19) LOW ANGLE, SLOW PAN LEFT TO RIGHT OF AN OLD MOSQUE TOWER.
14. (03:26) VARIOUS OF JORIS AND KARL VISITING A SITE NEAR DUSK.
15. (03:38) END.
Year of Production: 2011
Country: United States