Independent Films, Art, Documentaries, Social Responsibility Movies
April 30 is International Jazz, and UNESCO willcelebrate with concerts in Paris, New Orleans and at UNHQ in NYC.
Why International Jazz Day?
* Jazz breaks down barriers and creates opportunities for mutual understanding and tolerance;
* Jazz is a vector of freedom of expression;
* Jazz is a symbol of unity and peace;
* Jazz reduces tensions between individuals, groups, and communities;
* Jazz fosters gender equality;
* Jazz reinforces the role youth play for social change;
* Jazz encourages artistic innovation, improvisation, new forms of expression, and inclusion of traditional music forms into new ones;
* Jazz stimulates intercultural dialogue and empowers young people from marginalized societies.
Year of Production: 2012
Length: 4 mins
Jazz Day by DiplomaticallyIncorrect.org is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0 License.
- Muhamed Sacirbey (UNTV-UNESCO)
- Susan Sacirbey (UNTV-UNESCO)