Use Google+ to connect with your friends. Google+ lets you share posts, photos and videos directly on your profile. You can choose to make these posts visible to the public or just those in your circles, such as friends, family, co-workers, etc. If you choose to publish your posts publicly and if someone does a Google search of you, your posts will pop up in the search results, which is great for promotional purposes.
Here are some tips on how you can use Google+ to promote your content on Film Annex:
- Connect your Film Annex profile to your Google+ account. Connect via http://www.filmannex.com/posts/auth2/socialreg. You'll also get $1!
- Share your videos and blogs by clicking on the Google+ button on your film's page or blog post. You can also post the link directly to your Google+ wall. Sharing your content will increase your sharing points on your Film Annex dashboard.
- Use hash-tags in your post. They are clickable and used to filter searches, so your posts are more likely to be read by relevant people.
- Post your Web TV's link on your profile description.
- Create a page to promote your content. In addition to your personal Google+ profile, you can create a Google+ page where you can post links related to your work, such as videos and blogs. Your page will have followers that you can interact with just like a Facebook page, a Twitter profile, or a Tumblr account. On your Google+ page, click on Spread the Word to share your page's link on your Google+ personal profile.
- If you mention someone in your post, use the @ sign to tag them so you are sure they will see your post (this you should be familiar with if you're a Twitter user).