Use Twitter to connect with your friends, people from your industry, and those who are interested in your content. That's the beauty of Twitter: You can never guess who'll end up following you. You'll only be surprised.
Twitter has a 140-character limit and allows you to share your content by tweeting text, links, and pictures.
Here are some tips on how you can use Twitter to promote your content on Film Annex:
- Connect your Film Annex profile to your Twitter account so it adds a "Follow" button on all your movies, blogs, and personal profile. You will have more followers and more people to re-tweet your content. Connect via http://www.filmannex.com/posts/auth2/socialreg.You'll also get $1!
- Share your videos and blogs by clicking on the "Tweet" button from your Film Annex movie page or blog post. You can also use a URL shortener like bit.ly and copy/paste the shortened link directly into a tweet box. Sharing your content will increase your sharing points on your Film Annex dashboard.
- Add hash-tags to all your tweets. They work like keywords. People searching for specific keywords will be more likely to find your tweets and profile if you add hash-tags. If you are tweeting about your movie, you can use hash-tags like #movie #film #filmmaker #animation #shortfilm #yourname #indiefilm, etc. Don't be afraid to be super specific. If your film is set in West Virginia and is about UFOs, your hash-tags should be #UFO, #WestVirginia. Follow the more popular hash-tags and use the ones relevant to your tweets.
- Address your tweets to specific and relevant people using the @ sign at the beginning of your tweets. If you mention someone in one of your tweets, use the hash-tag or @sign to include them in what you're saying.
- Create a Twitter account for your film or current projects to post more specific tweets about your work. Always link with the @ sign to your personal Twitter.
- Add photos or stills from your movies to your tweets via TwitPic. Your followers will be able to see them directly on the tweet. You can also combine your Instagram account with your Twitter if you're an Instagramer.
- Follow relevant people from your industry. They will be more likely to re-tweet your posts. You can also ask for a re-tweet, like an endorsement.