All writers on Film Annex are compensated based on their BuzzScores. The BuzzScore of a writer who is part of The Annex Press is higher due to the quality of the writing. Therefore, an Annex Press writer receives more revenues compared to a non-Annex Press writer.
What is The Annex Press?
The Annex Press is a platform created for professional writers from all backgrounds. On the Annex Press, you can read articles about film and entertainment, politics, health, current events, sports, science, technology, and so much more. All Annex Press articles are reviewed and hand-picked by the Film Annex editorial team. In addition to a group of regular contributors, the Annex Press also accepts guest blogs from contributors who are experts in their fields.
If you would like to write for the Annex Press, please inquire within by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's how you get started:
- The first thing you need to do is to register on Film Annex.
- Log in to your account with the username and password you created.
- Add a picture, bio, and contact info to complete your profile.
- Complete your Web TV by clicking on “Admin My Web TV” (this button can be found both on your profile page in blue or on the drop down welcome menu in green on the upper right hand corner.
- Once you're logged-in, click on the "New Blog Post" on your page.
- Write your blog in the blog editor! Make sure you title it, choose appropriate tags, put an image and/or video if applicable. Currently, we only allow you to embed Film Annex videos. You can do this by choosing a video on www.filmannex.com, clicking on the embed button, copying the embed code, and pasting it in the embedding window on your blog editor.
- Submit and publish your blog!
- Promote your on your social networks like Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
- Assign videos to your Web TVs à Choose from our Open Film Library or request permission to add a filmmaker’s video to your Web TV. You can associate/link this video to your blog.
- Place your blog in a related channel, such as "education," "culture, " health," business," etc.
- Use keywords and bold them in order to have your blog come up on top in search results. Is your blog about the 2012 Presidential elections? Then use keywords like "presidential election,"Barack Obama," "Mitt Romney."