Jabir bin Hayyan (Geber) is considered as a father of chemistry.
He was born in a very poor family. His mother was died, when he was an orphan. His father was killed by government under the allegation of sedition. He was brought up by a tribe of villagers, where he spent his childhood. During this time he could not receive his early education, but due to his struggle and hard work he becomes a father of chemistry.
His main inventions are:
- Manufacturing of Alloys.
- Metallurgy of metals.
- Leather tanning
- How we can protect iron from rust.
- Chemical for coloring of hairs.
- He was also specialist in industrial chemistry.
- He is also specialist in filtration and sublimation.
- His major invention is sulfuric acid.
So his name is always written in bold letters, not even in Muslim world but in non Muslim world.