- The final design of this tower was made in 2001 after more than four design proposal changes.
- The original World's Tallest design (574m with a pyramidal top) was changed, and the new design is by KPF.
- This tower will form a "gateway" for Victoria Harbour withTwo International Finance Centre at the opposite side of the harbour.
- Will become the tallest building in Hong Kong, surpassingTwo International Finance Centre by some 60 meters.
- A 7-star Ritz-Carlton hotel with 300 rooms will be located near the top portion of the tower on 13 floors. It will also include convention and conference facilities.
- The 7-star hotel will be the highest elevated hotel in the world, surpassing the one in Jin Mao Tower.